PCA Sprouts is now filling a position for Preschool Director. Under the direction of the Board Chairperson and the Board of Directors, the Director leads, directs, and has day to day responsibility for the overall operations of PCA Sprouts Preschool. These include planning, organizing, implementing, and coordinating, the services of PCA Sprouts Preschool, and exercising independent judgment and decision-making as delegated by the Board. The successful candidate will also lead Centre staff by example and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism in addition to ensuring high quality care for the children and families we serve.
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of PCA Sprouts Preschool in order to provide the very best care and education for children and families we serve.
- Manages all aspects of the centre's enrollment, following up on all inquiries and fills all vacancies.
- Develops and implements operational plans to ensure effective delivery of programs and services.
- Leads the development of relevant policies and procedures to reflect best practices in childcare as required.
- Implements staff and Centre process improvements where necessary
- Leads in the recruitment, training, development and planning of staff.
- Manages staff to ensure Centre and regulatory requirements are being worked towards and met as per Ministry Standards (i.e., enrollment, health, licensing, fire, etc.)
- Lead and coach staff through organization changes, transitions, and continuous improvement.
- Fosters a cohesive and positive team environment at a Centre level & establishes collaborative relationships with Centre Staff and within the Broader school community.
- Participates in annual budget planning for the centre in the areas of enrollment and capital expenses.
- Approves expenditures and ensures all expenses are within budget.
- Works with Bookkeeper and Treasurer to prepare annual Financial Statements for the Centre.
- Manages grant application processes and researches grant opportunities
Stakeholder Management and Strategic Visioning
- Maintains and builds strong stakeholder relationships.
- Participates and adds value in board meetings. Prepares agenda items and is proactive with recommendations and solutions.
- Participates in the Strategic Planning process with the Board of Directors.
- Level 3 Early Childhood Education.
- Experience working with all age group.
- Valid CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge Play and Exploration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of creating a respectful, nurturing, and empowering relationship in building a cohesive team.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to plan, develop, implement, and monitor a strong program.
- Criminal Record check – Vulnerable sector screening must be current within 6 months.
- Available to work within the hours of 7:30am - 6pm
Salary Range: A competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits and pension available.
PCA Sprouts Preschool welcomes resumes from individuals who share values of the Christian Faith. Successful applicant will be a bundle of energy and enthusiasm matched with a passion for working with 3-4 year old children. Please include 2 letters of reference.